Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Anniversary Weekend Part 2

If you couldn't tell, we just can't get enough of the beaches here. Midwesterners at heart, the idea that the beach is just around the corner (literally) is a novel one; after almost a year, the novelty has not dissipated.

Therefore, it was a natural choice for our relaxed anniversary celebration, to spend most of our day enjoying some of our favorite beaches near Auckland. First up, St. Heliers Bay for breakfast and a walk along the shore to enjoy the lively scenery. There are always a stream of people running the bays, some brave soul swimming the surf and plenty of dogs! I could sit for hours on the benches and watch the world go by.
We then drove out to the west coast beach, Muriwai, so Mat could go surfing. It was a bit too cold and windy for me to brave the water, so I played photographer instead and tried to capture Mat in action...
The above is one of my favorite shots; every time I sit and overlook the waves at Muriwai I am reminded that we are on an incredible journey living in New Zealand. What a perfect sentiment for our anniversary.


After a day at the beach, what could be better than enjoying one of our favorite home cooked meals and cake?! I just had to post of picture of this amazing treat. Our friend, Jane, made this specially for us which blew me away. She made each and every one of those flowers by hand, isn't it beautiful!

Thanks for all of the anniversary wishes, it made our day even more special. xxxx

0 comments: