Tuesday, November 6, 2007


As promised, I would like to elaborate on my previous mention of Food Alley. It has become a running joke that this is Mats favorite place in Auckland; if given the chance he would eat there every night.

It is conveniently located directly across the street from our temporary apartment and it is comprised of booth after booth of asian cuisine.

For those of you who know me, I love trying new food. For those of you who know Mat, he loves his food courts. Therefore, Food Alley is one of our favorite finds! (BTW Mats co-workers think we are highly bizarre because of this)

Before our first visit to Food Alley we read about it in our guide books and thought it sounded exactly like the places Anthony Bordain would visit in his no reservations guide to Auckland. That's exactly what you get- authentic cuisine, no frills. (OK OK, by this I mean its pretty dirty, you sit on benches and you feel like you are in China)

I have attached a video for you to get the full idea! Enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

that video of mat and that sick place to eat made me laugh so hard... made my day!!!!!